What is the Sport Premium?
The Government provides funding to schools on an annual basis to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
The funding is being jointly provided by the Department of Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
For 2022-23, the school will receive £16,000 plus an extra £10 per pupil (pupil numbers taken from the January 2022 census and includes pupils in KS1 and KS2 only). The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools and should not be used to cover the cost of swimming.
How to use the PE and Sport Premium
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- Make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, you can use your funding to:
- Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- Provide existing members of staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs
- Run sports competitions and sport activities with other schools
- Develop healthy lifestyles and promote personal health and wellbeing (emphasis on positive attitudes towards healthy, active lifestyles)
- The planned use of the PE and sport funding at John Burns will be effective in improving and sustaining high quality PE and sport provision.
Sports Premium 2022-2023
Sports Premium 2021-2022
PE and Sport Premium - Planned Expenditure 2021-22
PE and Sport Premium - Website Report Tool 2021-22
Sports Premium 2020-2021
PE and Sport Premium - Planned Expenditure 2020-21
PE and Sport Premium - Impact and Expenditure Report 2021
Sports Premium 2019-2020
PE and Sport Premium - Planned Expenditure 2019-20
Sports Premium 2018-2019
PE and Sport Premium - Planned Expenditure 2018-19
PE and Sport Premium - Impact and Expenditure Report 2019
PE and Sport Premium - Summary Impact Statements 2018-19
Sports Premium 2017-2018
PE and Sport Premium - Planned Expenditure 2017-18
PE and Sport Premium - Impact and Expenditure Report 2018